View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TRUTHSAYER

Talking Opiates & Weight gain

I am sober as of today, but this is one of several times I have come off of Vicodin. I'm usually fine for the 1st week, then I start getting the creepy-crawleys & I freak out if I don't have them. But, I have a small child who deserves a sober Mom, so I am determined to quit for good. I was sober while I raised my 2 older kids ages 22 & 24. Wish me luck.

This time I came off Vicodin slowly & so far I feel good. I have never excessively drank, or used drugs before. BUT, I started dating a "Pillhead" 7 years ago, & I tried Vicodin & I LOVED it. The funny thing is, I was always naturally thin, & have stayed that way through 3 kids & up to age 40. I never even thought about my weight before. EVER. But, over the last 6 years of popping Vicodin, for a variety of reasons, some made-up some real, I became addicted & packed on 40 lbs seemingly out of nowhere. I've always craved sugar, so I did'nt really notice a difference there, although it's a good point, I DID however start to crave fats as well. I'll let you know if the weight comes off quickly once the drugs are out of my system.

I take Evening Primrose Oil to help w/sleeping & anxiety during this process, so that may help your daughter. Also counseling & NA meetings are essential & will really assist her in healing her addiction. I'll include her in my prayers, as I go through this process too.

Thanks for listening.
Prayers to your daughter, she'll be okay.