Thread: pain
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

((((Painter)))))
You aren't pitiful and you aren't alone. You're a mom who loves her daughter and grandkids. It's so contrary to all we know as moms that we can't stop our kids pain...They have to do that themselves. But you can start to heal...you really can. Walk with us here, we understand your pain...We have lived it or are still living it. But we've learned by supporting each other, working on our own recovery and for many (including me) going to Naranon or Alanon meetings for the incredible face to face support, that we can start to heal and stop hurting so terribly even when our loved ones continue to use. It isn't perfect, but it is so much better than that horrible, gut wrenching pain.

Perhaps in your prayers you can asked God to hold your daughter and grandchildren close. I know he is, but for me, thinking about that, praying and imagining his arms wrapped protectively around my child, brought me some comfort.

I'm so sorry you are going through this...Addiction is a horrible family illness. But unfortunately all our pain, all our love, and all our worrying can not fix it. There is hope...for the addicts and for us. Will you stay around for awhile and read and post? Hugs and prayers for you and your family.