View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
6yAng
humor me

Staying sober is work

Hi everybody
I've realized a couple weeks ago that staying sober is definitely hard work if you're not used to it. I try to remember all of the reasons I decided to stop when I get the urge. I try keeping busy. I go to the gym and work myself so hard-just so I won't think about it. It really kills me sometimes after my work out. I know what I'm doing is the right thing and my kids are so happy to see me sober. (That's one of the biggest reasons I quit). I get so worn out though after a while, trying to come up with new ways to keep myself busy. I already work full time, and between my fiance and I, we have 5 children, you'd think that would keep me busy enough. I guess I'm just easily bored and restless by nature. I hike and do all sorts of things with the kids.
I haven't gone to any AA mtgs though except for online. It's hard enough just to sit still for 45 minutes a week at my manager meetings at work. I'm bad, hu? I don't know why I'm so antsy and restless all the time? I can't even sit at the computer for more than 10 minutes without having to get up to do something. My mom always told me to stop being so fidgety in everything I do. Have any suggestions? I'm all ears, but not for long, I gotta get up soon. lol:bounce