View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marmalade

switching from methadone to subutex

been on subutex for about a year, got down to 6mg a day... like a twit i munched thro a few extra days of my daily dose (i get a weekly pick up from my clinic) so i took 25mg of methadone for five days (which i now know was too much) and now want to get back on the subutex... my last dose of methadone was 28 hours ago, i was gonna wait 36 hours so as not to go into a precipitated withdrawal... yeah i have had one of these in the past, and yes it sucked... i know it varies from person to person but is 36 hrs likely to be long enough to avoid precipitated withdrawal??? i know it is an inexact science but i would appreciate any advice anyone might offer as i VERY MUCH want to avoid the awful instant withdrawal i had before, but i also want to get back to normal i.e. back on subutex as soon as possible... thanks. ps i realise 6mg of subutex will not be enough so i have a few extra with which to make the, hopefully smooth, transition.....

Last edited by marmalade; 03-03-2008 at 05:24 AM. Reason: spellin mistakes and incomplete info