Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
shakarris

My father was an A. He started drinking more and more after my mom died. when my children were small - I just got tired of them seeing him passed out in his chair when would visit. My sister and I finally went to see him and told him that we loved him but we were done.

if he was hell bent on dying this way - we were not going to watch and that his grandkids deserved better than they got from him.

We gave him a kiss and walked out the door.

He only lived 30 mins from both of us but we never saw him for 6 months. \he would call - if he was driking i would just hang up. it was the hardest thing |I ever did... one day I came home (6 long months later) in my door was his business card - simply written on the back.. call me I am sober.

He passes away in 2000 - i still have that card. I am thankful for the time we had once he got cleaned up... oh I know 6 months he still had work too do but he did it... to bad i wasn't stronger when the problem first started.

Only you can decide what you want to do.. but i know for me my children needed me to make that choice for them -

shakkaris