View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Kam123

Can relate

Man, I needed to read Jon's words tonight. I just broke up with my second addict bf this week. I have been working the Alanon program and I think I am finally starting to get the 3 A's down.
1.Awareness
2.Accept it
3.Action

I was seeing a guy that has 10 month clean. He was so attentive and loving to me. The only problem was he was a bum really. He was couch surfing, no job, no money, no licence. I bought him cigs and he started to expect me to. I fed him and did his laundry. When I finally told him I couldn't afford his cigs he went to work for day labor. He got canned half way through the day for not working. The minute he got his 30 dollars he was outa here and havent seen him since. I called and told him I wasn't ready for a relationship. I feel like a fool but after reading what Jon wrote it is par for the course.

I dated one other addict and he was also very loving followed by being very distant. He had two sides and one was nice and one was mean. He spent very little time with me and went through money like water. I caught him using and broke it off. He denied being high but he was nodding off so bad his teeth fell on the floor.

I think I am going to stay away from dating any more addicts unless they are working a program and have some clean time. They are just so heartbreaking and needy.

Thanks for the post, Kammie