Old 02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

After two years clean, my daughter used meth...

... and I am not going crazy.

Oh what a blessing THAT is!

She used with her husband (they met in rehab two years ago). They both decided after using twice with another couple, that this was not what they wanted. But husband wanted to continue with smoking pot, buying pot and using pot around the kids.

Daughter said "NO" drugs, means no drugs. THAT is the fight that got him arrested and her (and the two babies) moved back into our home.

She is the one who told me about the meth, though I already knew about the pot (she doesn't like pot, so she had already stopped using that).

I am watching as she reevaluates what are her true values... for the first time, she is realizing the concrete differences between her and the folks who have been hanging around. She has significantly different values, especially when it comes to the kids.

It will be up to her to decide if she can stay away from her husband long enough to figure out what she wants. And perhaps to give him time to decide if he even wants to change his current lifestyle. To him, selling drugs, using around kids, hanging with others with low morales and values, is how HE grew up. It is his "normal". And changing to something new and different scares him.

I pray that HP can get her where she needs to be, and I can keep my focus on me and MY issues. So far - I am doing much better than I ever imagined.

Time to make my meetings a priority... and my literature. I am in contact with my sponsor and have figured out a way to make the phone work for me (I call from my cell while driving - it seems so much EASIER than calling from the house, it might be a privacy thing).

So I have my program tools. I have you guys here at SR. And I have concrete knowledge, based on prior experience, that this can be part of God's will for me and my family. My job is to not get in His way.... easier said than done! But definitely doable.