View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Urgh, money. I think that was the one limit I placed myself during my drinking career: absolutely no debts. And I pretty much managed to pull that off. But of course, my quality of life was severely affected, especially these past couple of years.

As soon as I receive my paycheck I devote half of it for my "miscellaneous" (as in booze and cigarettes) expenses, just a bit into a bank account, and the rest of it to pay bills and for every day life. I got used to being perpetually broke - but I did drink the best wines and liquor I could get. I'm now pretty ashamed and disgusted at myself, surveying my "material" life. I refuse to think of the amount of $$ I wasted. My once very nice apartment is a disaster, it's been years since I went shopping for clothes etc, I don't even own a complete set of dishes as I've managed to break more glasses and dishes than I care to admit. I could go on and on, straight into the whiner's thread.

But... It's okay, it's only material stuff. It comes and goes. I wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

Matt