View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Skeetermag

Withdrawal fights

My husband is addicted to painkillers. Everytime he getsthem he goes thru them in about a week, should last a month. We go thru this cycle every month for the past 3 years. He spends 3 weeks withdrawing and the anger and bitterness and fights start bc he is irriatable and totally unreasonable. Last nite was the worst one ever; said horrible ragous things and am seriously thinking of leaving. However, he still denies he has a roblem and is very irrational right now until he gets more which will be today.Then he becomes mr niceguy and all is well. Which is the real him? on or off the drugs?
I can't believe this has happened to the most wonderful person I ever knew and loved.
I cannot reason w/him at all when he is off his meds and everything becomes a major batle and I find myself walking on eggs. However the house is mine and was before we married, no kids at home and we both work, but I make considerably more than he does. So if I throw him out, he has no place literally to go. I have a hard time w/that but I dont want to live like this either. A m so very depressed and desperate. I have trieid alanon but this is out of my reach right now. I have been having major anxiety and sleepless nights with this and I tend to fight back bc I'm having trouble holding myself together.
He blames all of his life failures on me when hes like this and it is insane!!!
Needing prayers and a hug.