View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Wink I am Powerless(I really am)

Got a good lesson this week that no matter where we are in recovery, how strong we feel, things can go to h*ll pretty quickly. Talked to Megan on Monday. Found out that she spent 4 days in the hospital recently for Bronchitis due to uncontrolled asthma. (uncontrolled because she and the abf would rather buy drugs than medicine). Anyway I asked her why she did not call me and she said that she did not want me to tell the doctors that she is an addict because they would be mean to her. In other words, the doctors may try to prevent the abf from bringing in heroin for her to keep her out of withdrawals. Megan told me that she would come over today to see me and bring dinner to show off her cooking skills. Well last night when I did not hear from her regarding today (and knowing what that means) I called her. Well, I am a mean mother. We are not getting along and she does not want to come. What does this show me: It shows me that irrespective of how I treat her (good or bad, nice or mean) I will get addict behavior, I will get blamed for things that I did not do and have no control over. I understand that now all too well. You see I thought that we were okay, I thought that things were better, I thought by accepting her for where she was in her life, that I would at least get some contact with her. Well I am going back to step one because yesterday showed me that I was just fooling myself. Hugs, Marle