Thread: Still very PO
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope

Originally Posted by scaredykat View Post
Thanks guys. But why does everything have to happen now when I'm in early recovery. Why can't i have a normal early recovery. whatever that is. This just sucks.

Unfortunately, life doesn't randomly select who gets a good time of things and who gets a bad time. The bad stuff happens to us all. It was happening all along but we never saw it because we were drinking through it and was oblivious to what was happening. Now it's happening and we can feel it and be aware of the world around us. It's unpleasant and hurts so bad sometimes but we can make it through without picking up a drink. I know it doesn't feel like it now (and believe me, I have to remind myself of this EVERY DAY) but it does pass whether we drink through it or not. The only thing drinking will do is guarantee you that you will hurt worse and it will only make the situation darker and more painful. But if you allow yourself the chance to feel the feelings, you will grow stronger and feel proud of yourself for going through it.

I promise you that you are not alone!