View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
warrens

Originally Posted by bballdad View Post
warrens
I drank against my will before-have you?
pure powerlessness
I cannot control how much I will drink once I take the first snort,or shot
when I first started drinking many yrs ago,it was choice
when I got to AA,choice did not keep me sober.Choice is a human thing,and the abc`s back up my powrlessness
a-we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives
b-that no HUMAN(so much for choice)power could have relieved our alcoholism
c-that God could and would if He were sought.
]

oh yea,about the "I wish I had dt's, shakes, etc, and other deathly aspects of withdrawal."

keep drinking,you`ll get there
Thanks to all who have replied. Every sentence has been helpful. I think I've sorted out the conundrum and can press on. I was driving myself "coo-coo," RustyZipper.

I simply wish to surrender to the TRUTH, something I apparently didn't do in the past. I am powerless when I drink. End of story. It doesn't matter what, or how much, I drink. We may all be different in that regard. But my life has clearly become unmanageable. Thank gof I haven't lost everything-yet.

I am so grateful for this community of diverse souls with a common bond. I hope I can mature in my thought processes and form a clear picture of-and a path to-the prize.

Day 6 and I feel better physically and emotionally than I have in a long time. That in itself should tell me something.

I need to remember this powerlessness forever. The visage one "one or two delicious beers" sometimes raises it's attractive head. I am convinced now, beyond a doubt, that such a thing is impossible for me. I am not normal in that regard. It is time to divorce a "constant companion," (beer) that is so attractive but means me nothing but ill. The divorce is final, except for the settlement.

Thank You

warrens