View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Frog_2hop

I need a pep talk

I just had the final meeting with my lawyer to get everything ready for the divorce. Our settlement hearing is in a week and a half. Depending on the outcome of that, the divorce could be final in a couple weeks to a month.

We've been apart for 2 years and 3 months. He's been addicted to his pain meds post car accident for 17 years most significantly the last 8 years(sometimes were better than others).

I still love him deeply, and he loves me too. He 'thinks' he is trying so hard to get his life in control, but won't accept that the real problem is the meds rather than the actual pain he takes it for. He does all the ugly addict stuff that causes havoc in our family, but 'he' truly is a wonderful person behind it all. Every once in a while I get to see that person.

As this is getting closer, I'm not being able to sleep. All the insecurities, stresses, and doubt are consuming me. I know this is the best thing to be doing, especially for the stability of our children.

I assume I will be 'released' and really able to heal after we get through this process but just need a pep talk to get me through it. So if any of you have any words of wisdom, I'd LOVE to hear them.