Thread: Parent check in
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sleepygoat

Hi All,

Sitting on a powder keg here, and waiting to see if things blow up. My AD and I got her latest HIV labs and her viral load quadrupled in three months time. The docs at the clinic are wondering that it may be a 'false' reading (but I'm not, really. Crack does that to the HIV virus). At any rate, they repeated the viral load this past monday and we will get the result of that in a week from today.

If it is is a 'real' reading, she needs to start the HIV meds ASAP. And she needs to get clean in order to do that because HIV meds don't work when they are using, and she knows all that.

The biggest, bestest surprise is that my Leah is saying things like, "Maybe God let me get HIV and let it get so bad so fast because He knows that's the only way I'll ever want to get clean." and "Mom, I really feel like God is speaking to me - like he's warning me to get clean now, or I'll die." Good stuff. She always did have a big spiritual streak since she was a wee little kid, but the drugs buried it for these past 8 years.

So we are waiting on the 2nd set of lab results. They also tested her (finally) for hepatits and we will find out that too. The vomitting and diarrhea have finally subsided - she had a normal stool this week for the first time in a month or more.

Next thursday may be a big day. I will certainly keep you posted.