View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
LauraK
Trying to get out of God's way

I've been reading through the posts in this thread, and it's awesome to see that some people DO change after prison! My AS is now officially an absconder from probation on our state's website, which will mean I'm thinking 23 months minimum in prison. And if this wasn't bad enough (I can't believe I'm saying this) I think he may have robbed a bank (armed). There was a bank robbery in the neighboring town where he lives, and when I heard about it all I could think was "OMG I hope that was not my son"...of course they put video pictures on the news' website, and OMG, it could really be him. I am not sure enough to turn him in (not sure if I could do that, and I don't know where he is living anyway), but seeing the pictures was enough to make my blood run cold. At any rate, I won't go to the police and say "that looks like it COULD BE my son"...I don't know for sure.
Then last night he called (he always blocks the number), and I asked him if he did this robbery, and he says "of course I didn't, Mom...why would you even ask that?" But he did say some of his friends asked him if it was him, and I told him they probably saw the pictures on the news. I'm freaking out about this, if he did this, he would be facing ALOT more prison time, not to mention in a higher security prison rather than just going in for a probation violation :-((
OF course there is nothing I can do about it, he's been in and out of jail (all for B & E charges) and knows the routine (no bail, court appointed attorney). There is a chance that he didn't do this, but you know a mother's intuition...turns my stomach. I'm praying every day and night that he didn't do this!! Then when I told him that things would be easier for him when the weather turned nice (sarcastically, due to the fact that he's just staying wherever someone lets him and it's freezing here), he says "I just might have to make it warm"...which to me meant he's about to run. We'll see, I'm SO TIRED OF ALL THE DRAMA, but it's hard not to let it get to you when something like this is hanging there...argh.
Hubby and I are going on a cruise in March (have had it booked since July), and I find myself hoping that the kid is either gone or back in jail...figuring out where to put our safe and valuables while we're gone, thinking if my son asks when our cruise is, I will definately lie to him and tell him a different time than we will really be gone. Stupid kids, why do they put us through this????