View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SirCharles

Letter to your wife

My husband told me today that his problem is me. He was in the hospital in December and has been working with his doctor to overcome his depression and his mood swings and inconsiderate behavior gets to me sometimes and I get mad. This morning I was angry at him about his inconsiderate behavior last night and later this morning he called me and told me he was tired of my attitude and has decided that I'm his problem. He's trying to get better and I do not support him whatsoever. Never mind the past 8 years I've put up with his alcoholic behavior which included yelling at me and just being mean(I'll leave the gruesome details to myself). I must be crazy to still be here and for him to have the audacity to tell me I'm his problem. So this evening he won't even speak to me and went to the other room to sleep. At this point if he came to me with divorce papers I would sign them. I remember a few years ago I worked with a gentleman whose wife was an alcoholic and when she sobered up, then they split up. I'm wondering how common that is. The alcoholic is mean to the spouse and then when the alcoholic sobers up, all of a sudden it's the spouse who's the problem! So I an understand your feelings of frustration and confusion because I certainly have them.