Thread: Time flies...
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newcomer...

Time flies...

So, I've been home for over a month now... for those of you who don't know, home is my family's home, after leaving my addict ex-boyfriend.
Anyway - since I've been home, I have noticed how FAST time goes by. I think before, when i was with him, every day seemed SO long. Every minute making sure he was ok, not using, worrying about money, etc etc etc. Since I've been home, it's like a huge weight has been lifted.
Don't get me wrong, it's been HELL - leaving him, losing my life and my home. But at least I feel like there is an end to this hell. As opposed to the constant every day anxiety that filled my life before. For the first time in YEARS, I am looking forward to my weekends. I'm looking forward to spending time with friends - without having to justify it. And I'm not dreading him taking off for the weekend. Or some friend stopping by and convincing him to go to the bar, or to see a "friend"....
I can't believe how fast the time is going. I guess it's a good thing. I think in a lot of ways, I just feel like I'm free... even though he continues to do his best to try to make me feel like crap, his family continues to send me emails blaming me for his issues, etc etc etc. He's not my responsibility... not that he ever was, but I felt like he was.
Anyway, I was just thinking about this and thought I'd share. I think I could get used to this!

Oh - and I booked a cruise a few weeks ago... with money I don't have... but decided it was money well spent. I'm hoping that time continues to fly until then!!! (It can then slow down for about a week though!!)