View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lggirl

Help!! Brainwashed in Rehab

I finally got my ABF on a plane to Canada off to long-term rehab. I had spoken with the director numerous times before sending him here. He assured me there was counseling for the family and loved ones-one of their listed goals!! And to keep calling. After a month in rehab I get a call from my ABF he won't be able to talk to me until he gets out- he went in Oct. 13. So okay he has to work on himself and get well while I work on myself. Well it's Feb 10 and he'll be leaving soon to a half way house so I figure I'll try to call the rehab and see how it's going. Well his direct counselor told me my boyfriend is a junkie, liar and damaged goods and I should have nothing to do with him. He said he was the one who told my ABF not to call me. He said I should throw out his things and just get over him. Now mind you I already know why he went to rehab but I don't think a counselor should be so unprofessional to say these things. We lived together for a while and I think my ABRF should at least call me to break things off and take responsibility for things. The counselor said this was the best thing his ex ever did for him when he was using. So basically I'm talking to an exaddict whose taking his own experience and using it on others. Sorry but if he knew anything he would know that each addicts situation is different. I am not a drinker or druguser neither did I go into this relationship while my ABF was using. Don't I have any right to speak to my loved one after all this time?? I hope he gets unbrainwashed when he leaves and calls me. This is killing me and I've been going to meetings for a while. If you want to break things off at least just talk to me. It's the least someone can do after 3 years together. And most of them good!!! Thanks for listening!!