View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

WE CONTINUE BY EXAMINING OUR ASSETS

An inventory is not just our faults; we must also assess our positive traits and accomplishments. If we are stymied by this task, it can be useful to think about qualities we like in others and whether we may possess that same trait.

In what ways am I caring? How do I empathize with other people? Am I kind to myself? Am I kind to the elderly? Children? My family? My friends? Those in need of my assistance? Am I agreeable and courteous?

How am I tolerant?

Am I open to another’s point of view?

Do I listen in meetings and accept that others have needs different from mine?

Do I practice patience with a newcomer?

How am I trustworthy? Do I pay my bills? Am I prompt? Do I fulfill my commitments? Do I act responsible in my job? How much can my family and friends depend on me?

How am I honest? Do I tell the whole truth? If not, what stops me from telling the truth?

In what ways do I take care of myself? Do I make needed medical appointments? Do I dress appropriately? Do I eat healthy foods? Exercise? Meditate?

How am I respectful? Do I take care of material things, whether mine or others? Do I show respect for the law?

How am I generous? Do I contribute to my group? To the World Service Office triannual appeal? Have I contributed by volunteering to be a trusted servant?

In what ways do I look for the good in others?

How am I kind? Am I considerate of other people? Do I listen patiently to a friend in need? Do I offer help when asked? Do I think to point out the good in others?

How do I open myself up to others?

How am I practical? Do I have a budget? How often do I recognize what needs to be done and then do my share?

How am I dependable? How often do I meet work deadlines? Do I organize well and carry out what I decide to do?

What are my talents? Do I have any artistic gifts? Do I beautify my surroundings? Do I have mechanical skills?

Do I make friends easily? Why or why not?

Do I have trouble with intimate relationships? Why or why not?

In what ways do I express myself clearly and concisely?

How do I see the humor in life and express it?

How am I optimistic?

How do I practice my faith in a Higher Power? In myself? In others? How do I share my faith? Do I have an attitude of gratitude?

How am I humble? Do I ask God for guidance and follow it to the best of my ability? When have I allowed others to share their wisdom with me? Do I ever admit mistakes? How patient am I with myself?

We should now have a list of good qualities to fortify us for the rest of the inventory. With each and every good quality we surveyed, we may have considered a quality we find uncomfortable to acknowledge. A thorough inventory, as we stated in the beginning of this chapter includes our positive as well as negative behaviors and thoughts.