Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Cherbear)))

Good advice above, and right on as far as the life that goes with using crack. I'm a recovering crack addict, and I left my boyfriend because crack is his entire life and I don't want to live that way anymore.

I won't say recovery from crack is impossible..as you can see, several of us here ARE recovering from it. When I first quit, I just quit.....did nothing to address the issues that led me to do it in the first place. I relapsed after way more than a year, but it only took me 8 days to realize I had to stop. This time, I am working my recovery....I don't go to meetings, but did at one time and what I learned there still helps me tremendously; I spend a LOT of time on SR and with people who do not use drugs and who will give me support, but call me on my sh-t when I need it. It's scary, knowing somewhere down the road, I could get back into that lifestyle, and I know it would be worse, because my relapse took me down faster than when I used it before.

I can't tell you to run or stay. I know that I have to stay away from active addicts, and especially crack addicts. After 11 months of what I consider good recovery, if someone were to put crack in front of me today, I'm not 100% sure I could turn it down...so I don't get in that situation. This is the life of a recovering crack addict.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy