Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StillLearning1

Hello Cher,
When I saw your title- yes it felt like crack to me, too.
I remember being confused by the statement that they return to where they were when they pick-up the pipe again. I even thought- gee- this must be good- mine isn't like what they say crack addicts are like and what they do.

I think that I took it too literally.

Since you are asking questions and you have not only yourself at stake but your children- Do you know much about crack cocaine and the crack world? I didn't- I think that I believed it was like back (way back) in college when people would sit around and smoke pot- the only difference mine couldn't control it- he used till he was out of energy or money. By the way- that was a big fat lie!! MUCH later he admitted- he worked high just fine- those were just the big time binges.

This is my knowledge of the crack world- those that have been there please do tell me if I am incorrect and this is maybe just a small percentage of cases- but... I think that maybe a man who steals money out of his childs account to use- may be using in this world.

First there is the danger- he is using in crack houses- very dangerous people there- it is not at all unusual for a dealer to "front" him some- he will expect to be paid- by SOMEONE!!
Don't think that the fact that you are in control of finances that he can't or won't use- there are many ways to make money. Your car may be "rented" out- he gets drugs and they get the car and they use it to not always do good things. Okay now here comes the yucko- shocking stuff- women are not just the prostitutes men are to. And if you think that he couldn't- keep in mind the drug he is taking.
I was so naive- he used to use the term- freaky... oh my gosh- In short- in my opinion having sex with an actively using crack addict could kill you- I would not kiss one- even share a drink after hearing some of the stories. Aides- hepatitis- syphylis- not unusual.

Oh and- it is not unusual for a male to hook-up with a woman- basically i guess it is - well I think they are their pimp. They basically provide the woman and they get high too. Not the normal "girlfriend"-

I loved my husband very much- this type of information is what helped me understand and to detach. He wasn't out with the guys- having a beer or smoking a joint- he was in crackland- When I learned what that was my fears and worries switched from for him to for my children and myself.
Thank you to the recovering addicts who come here- for a long time I felt a lot of guilt. (he was sick.. didn't mean to hurt us.. loved us.. cared about us-etc.) It does bring me peace when you share- he made the choice- it is a choice.
Stilllearning