Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cherbear79

Unhappy Story of a wonderful man w/ a horrible problem...

Hi everyone... So i'm new to this, so I guess I'll give my story as briefly as I can and hope that someone out there can relate and offer some advice. I've been with my fiance now for over a year. We fell in love very quickly, and we never fight, and have a wonderful open relationship. But with one major problem - a few months into dating him, I found out that he had a crack-cocaine problem in the past, and that he had just recently used again. He told me how sorry he was, and that he loved me and that he would never do it again. I really debated staying with him, but I did love him, and he is such a wonderful person, I figured everyone deserves a second chance. Well, months went by, and things were great. We moved the relationship forward, and my 2 children (from a previous marriage) are absolutely in love with him as well. Then it happened again... a weird day where I didn't hear from him, and then I found out hours later where he had been... so I was very upset, and as was he... and he went to an NA meeting THAT NIGHT! So I was happy to see him take ownership of his problems, and he had been going every night to meetings for the past 2 weeks. So again, I was feeling good and happy that he and I were going to be ok together. Then today came, and I haven't heard from him in over 24 hours. I know where he is... and I'm so upset. Now if he couldn't call someone from NA, then I guess this problem is too big for him. What should I do!!??? I love him and I don't ever want to turn my back on the person that changed my whole life and made me realize what love can really be. Help!!