View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

OMG - the god of my childhood, yep, don't like "him" - won't even dignify it with a capital letter! But, I've been an avid fan of Joseph Campbell, Mysteries of the Bible, etc. for years and years now, and I have found that the more crowded my perception of faith and god is, the stronger my faith is. I can't really tell you what my faith is in exactly, but HP describes it very well. I am open to most all thoughts and ideas of spirituality - just not the ones that are dogmatic, riddled with guilt, rules, etc. I am so far away from working this step in one way, but there is a part of me that does actually work this step most everyday. I can't think where I would be (as much as it's not the greatest place) without knowing that "the answer will come" each day. I work very hard to figure it out in the meantime sometimes, but rarely to the point where I'm not open to it coming from an unexpected place, and then I laugh at myself and all the wasted energy! But, sometimes, it turns out that I haven't wasted the energy at all - it serves me later for something else. I can't wait to get to this one! Ahhhhh - but I know, take the steps at my own pace, but there's a part of me that wants to just rush right through them - to get to that place - patience for me!