View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Today’s Reminder:

At the start of each day I can make the decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God. This way I begin my day with a strong assertion that I choose to accept the reality of my life. I am moving in a healthy direction, growing ever more able to live a good life and to love those I meet along the way.
This is something I do on my drive into work every morning...I have a little chat with my HP and let him know that I want to turn my will and my life over to him today. I've told him all about how I have this tendency to pull it back and try to do it my own way (especially when things are going well...why do I need a little help if it's going like I want?) I've told him that I am truly to a point where I have trust in him, but I am still working on this business of turning it over and keeping it turned over, and any help he can give to keep it moving forward sure would be appreciated, 'cause I want to make that decision a reality... every day. I think I'm the frog who jumps off the lily pad then jumps back on it, over and over, lol. But I am trying, and little by little as I keep working the program and listening for that quiet voice inside that I know is HP, I'm making headway.

I too never really liked the god of my childhood. Working on the steps and working my program has opened the door to a whole new God of my understanding. I really like the relationship I'm developing and I love taking walks with my HP. I love the miracles he shows me every day...They were always there, I just didn't look.

Thanks Cat for this great step study!