View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Barbdee

Update on son and the warden

Yeah, I'm still the warden. Son had a good month clean and one night I forgot to lock up my car keys. Guess I'm not a very good warden. And he should not have had any money...I take it all. Must have saved up his pennies.
He's been taking an antidepressant now for over a month is finally starting to feel good for a change. He wakes up happy every morning, doesn't give me any grief, helps with all the household chores and is generally doing well.
As long as I have all money and car keys locked up tight before I go to sleep.
I know everyone is going to freak out on me, but I'm starting to believe this is my lot in life. Something I need to deal with myself.
There are other reasons, selfish ones...my husband needs help with his work and son is doing that for credit on what he owes us. He helps me with chores in exchange for room and board.
He's basically a prisoner here and a happy one at that. I let him go out last weekend with a friend that would have broken one of his bones if he tried to get crack. I even paid for the outing...just so he could get out.
Please don't judge me too harshly. He's really a great kid/man, normally. Maybe someday I won't have to lock everything up before I go to sleep?