View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

I would also urge extreme caution. It is very easy to get caught up in the intensity of these relationships. The third time I reconciled-yep filed for divorce three times previous-with my exah, it was all hearts and flowers; we even had this romantic little wedding ceremony as a recommitment thing and a honeymoon.

Reality returned very quickly when I discovered he really wasn't working at our business, just leaving the house every day acting like he was. And of course, the drugs re-appeared. And of course it was all my fault because I didn't make him happy......

I can admit now that I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach the whole time, but I thought (wanted desperately to believe) that he meant what he said and he really had changed. In truth, underneath it all, I was really just terrified of what he would put me through if I didn't reconcile, and of being alone. I was still holding on to the fairytale....

On the other hand, mine never admitted a drug problem, never worked a program. Take it slow. If your h is truly recovered, he won't push you and he will understand. Once you drop the legal action, it's too late.....