View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I can only speak for myself out of experience. I have been on Methadone Maintenance since July of 2005. I began the program as a last ditch effort after it was suggested by my Physician who had been treating me for Addiction since 1980. I had numerous attempts at long term Recovery and the physical cravings that kept coming back were so strong as well as the chronic medical conditions that I have which result in severe pain.I have been able to remain Clean and Sober with the help of a well rounded 12 Step Program, my Sponsor, friends in AA/NA, a loving relationship with God and Methadone Maintenace and close monitoring by my Physical for my Medical Conditions since July 25, 2005. I had periods of depression during this time but for me I truly believe that they were a result of working through the issues that caused me to pick up at the age of 11. I had to deal with the feelings I medicated surrounding my Parents divorce, my Sisters death, feelings of shame, anger, resentments and all of these issues it took to clean house.I feel the depression I had off and on were a result of this housecleaning so to speak. I do not think it was a result of the Methadone at all. I have lived a happy life without any other chemicals thanks to this well rounded Program I work.

Are you on Methadone Maintenance or thinking about it? FOR ME it saved my life. But as I stated, it's only a small part of my Program.

God Bless!