View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blue pansy

Question Sometimes I wonder ????

Sometimes I wonder what I get myself into.
Short history, AD is doing great, now has over 7 months clean. She's still at college and working part time. She's decided to put grad school on hold and is going for a different degree than she originally planned so that she can graduate in a year and work for a few years in order to clean up her financial mess. In short she's doing good and has figured out all this on her own. I'm proud of how she's gotten her act together.
Her abf, who she found in rehab will be getting out of jail tomorrow. He turned himself in in September in order to clean up his parole violation. He's been clean for 7 months also. He needed a place to stay last summer because where he had been staying wasn't working for him. So he stayed here for a while. No one told me what was going on with the parole thing. While he stayed here he was a big help to me around the house and was working.
Now he's getting out and I had said that he could come here for the rest of his parole.
But I 'm plagued with the what ifs big time. I know he will help out a lot when he's here, I already know he's not a problem and has really tried to turn himself around. I've got a list of things for him to do as long as my arm. He gets a place to stay for a couple months. My daughter won't even be here she's 100 miles away at school.
So if it's a real give and take situation why am I sitting here with the what ifs? Or am I just being normal????