Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
simplesyrup

Need Advice

Hi everyone, I just need to bounce something off those of you who have any insight. I feel I must preface this with the fact that almost everyone in my family, including me, is an addict. My brother, in particular, is still majorly out of control. He doesn't speak to any of us, and sadly I don't mind that at this point.

So...last week all us kids went to my Gpa's 90th. My bro was there and it was mostly awful. He was high and aggressive the whole time. We checked into a hotel and he only had cash for the room, but not enough to cover the deposit.

What I should have done was let him figure it out or sleep in his truck. In stead, I of course said, "just give me the cash, I'll use my card." Dun, dun, dun! Lo and behold, he trashed the room. Then he didn't "feel well enough" to go to breakfast with everyone the next day. So he checks out after we had already gone and I just bought a $250 lesson in something I already knew. DAMMIT!!!

My question is this: I know the money is gone. Definately my bad. I really want to call him out though. In my head I feel like it would be a waste of time, but I thought perhaps there may be a way to do it that I don't know about? Should I just write it off, or is there some way to feel vindicated? Thanks.:codiepolice