View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Newcomer...

I feel like we are in very similar circumstances, Selah. I was exactly where you are now about a month or so ago.
Now I'm done. And I have friends again... I go out with the girls again.... I'm still having some issues with going to bars with them - bring up a lot of bad memories for me, but I'm reminding myself that not everybody is an addict.... I went dancing last weekend with my girlfriends - I honestly don't remember the last time I did that. And, when I went home, there was nobody questioning who I was out with, if I danced with any guys, etc etc etc.
I booked a cruise with a girlfriend. I maxed out the one credit card he hadn't gotten his hands on, but I need the time away and I figure by the time I go on the cruise, I'll have the money... since I won't have anybody to "loan" my paycheck to anymore....

Leaving was awful. The pain was more than I can express. But the relief of not having to WORRY anymore, it was amazing. I don't think I realized how anxious I was all the time - it had just become part of who I was. I have a life again. When my friends call to do things, I don't have to think up a quick reason to tell them why I can't... because in reality I was staying home with him so he didn't go out with his friends and use... I'm not quite me yet, but I'm working on it....