Thread: Spew
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KayM

From spew to query

One thing that really bothers me, after I leave for work in the morning on a bad note, and I'm hoping that someone can offer advice on how they handled this in a way that worked for them: I leave angry. I don't talk to him all day. When I come home, I don't want there to be fights (tired of it), and I don't want to do the silent treatment thing (it makes living together pure hell) -- so do I just act like nothing happened?

Remember -- this isn't about a result of his addiction -- this is a disagreement about his morals (or lack thereof), and his disrespect of me, my morals, and our home (which is, financially, mostly mine).

This is the kind of thing that a "grown up" either wouldn't HAVE to deal with, or would be ABLE to deal with. Unfortunately, neither myself nor my H ever really grew up.

I really prefer to act as though nothing happened. Be as happy to be home as I want to be, and even nice to him. However, I really worry that this sends the signal, "There will be no repurcussions for your behavior." ALSO however, no repurcussions have ever really had any impact, short of me leaving, and I'm not willing to do that right now.

Thanks