View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

OK CatsPJ's - here I go. I have A LOT to do on step one, and haven't really started as the "practical" side of my life is taking up so much time and space, but between I'm learning and growing and know this is coming - I think it's time to at least start giving all this more thought step by step, because I do think it will help me in the long run! Thanks for doing this!

I will say this, a few years ago I decided to be "powerless" about my H's issues and that I was fine with it. I found myself compassionate when appropriate and indifferent when it all went on too long (this was before I knew he was an addict). It felt good, it felt right, it felt freeing. BUT (and there it is!) when I found out about the addiction - I was floored and it set me back. I'm trying to get back to this place. I don't feel powerful or even responsible for his addiction - whew on that, but it does change the perspective a lot! I will be working on this. How does it work in these threads anyway, do we discuss what we've accomplished or what we're working on or do we just do the work "ourselves" - guess I'll see as more threads come on! Again, many thanks for helping me continue to "grow up"!