Old 01-27-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have been through this for 4 years and it doesn't get any better. Her addiction is killing me because I won't give up hope. She is my daughter and I can't let go. I know I'm doing all the wrong things but I can't help it.
Sickatheart, there are no rules here and each one of us moms has had to sort out what works for us and what doesn't. I know how hard it was for me to detach from my son, and I am certain it would have been even harder, if possible at all, to detach from a daughter.

Having my son live at home did nothing to help him and almost destroyed the whole family. Others here, could work through those issues with their addict children and it wasn't a problem.

I have never lost hope for my son, as lost as he may be. I keep hope in a special place in my heart right next to faith and trust. As long as there is a breath left in my body, I will never lose hope.

Do what is best for you, do what you think you can live with and if you are like many of us you will learn as you go and grow.

Big prayers for your daughter and also for you. This is just an awful way to live and something no mother should ever have to go through.

Hugs from another mama.