Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Sickatheart,

I understand your hurt. It's very hard for us to sit and watch our children self-destruct before our eyes. Like Moose said, until your daughter really wants recovery, there is nothing you can do to make her get it or want it.

You can start taking healthy care of yourself. I know I had to start getting the focus off of my AD or else I was doing to die of worry and fear. I finally hit my bottom after trying everything I knew to do. When I was fresh out of ideas and at the end of my rope, I decided to give meetings a try. And I am so glad I did.

I go to 2 meetings a week (Al Anon -that's all that is offered in in my small town) and they have helped save my life and sanity. The people in there understand what I'm going through because they've all been through it, also.

I hope you'll try to find a meeting so you can start seeing you can feel better and have a future without so much worry and fear.

Looking foward to seeing you around here some more. There are lots of mothers here, so please keep reading and posting.

Hugs for you and your daughter,
Hangin' In