Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sickatheart

Daughter Out of Rehab Took off with Addict bf

Hi, I am not new here but I haven't posted for a while. My Heroin addidted daughter who just turned 19 on the 23rd in Princeton House Detox for the 3rd time in 2 years is killing me. I had hope yet again and she called on Thurs. night and said she was be released the next day. She had avery up and positive attitude and said she wanted toget into a half way house to be away from temptations which, I thought was an excellent idea. I am getting ahead of myself here. My daughter has hep c (which by the way she contacted from addict bf who knew he had it and didn't tell her) but anyway it seems she suffered some serious side effects which fromwhat I was made to understand it's a small percentage of people suffer high fevers jaundice and chills. The last time she was checked her levels weere way daown like at 47.(A couple months ago) This time they are up at like 500. The dactor told her not to take meth or suboxone because it damages the liver. She said she was going to do it with no meds and therefore wanted to get into a structured halfway house to keep her from temptation!

Now this sounded all very positive and hopeful, only for me to find out the day I called when she would be released only to be told she left late the day before, Needless to say I was shocked and livid! She spoke to me on the phone the night before and lead me to belive she was at the facility and she had already left.

Whenshe called the next night she tried to act nonchalant like she was still there. I let her know in no uncertain terms I knew she took off and with the addicted bf. Her answer to that is she is sorry but she knew I would never let her go and spend 1 night with him because she thought she was falling back in love with him, but know she knows she's not and I was right about him and hes a creep and on and on and on.

Now the fact that she took off the first day out of detox with her addict bf blows me away. Now she wants to come home for the 2 weeks it will take to get into the halfway house but when I told her to come home last nite at about 8:00 she didn't want to come home until morning. She swears she's not doing anything but I don't believe.

I have been through this for 4 years and it doesn't get any better. Her addiction is killing me because I won't give up hope. She is my daughter and I can't let go. I know I'm doing all the wrong things but I can't help it.