View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Susan)))

Sorry! I really thought my life was over, too, when I got my charge. But because I had not had any other charges (other than a DUI 14 years ago), they put me on a "first offender" program. This means that if I complete probation, I will NOT have a felony on my record.

Though this sounds great, it is NOT for someone who doesn't want to do right. If I do screw up, I will not go back to county jail....I will go to prison for the entire term of my probation (5 years)...no matter how much probation I've completed.

I could have really, really been in trouble the week I relapsed, but for some reason, I was given another chance by HP. The thought of spending time in prison scared me enough to GET clean again, and stay clean long enough to WANT to be clean.

I'm thinking Kasey needs a little jail time, but it's not for me to say. Some of us just need those bars between us and freedom to realize that that's not the life we want.

Sending YOU extra hugs and prayers, because I know this is stressing you out, but also sending Kasey some

Amy