View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
yearofthesnake

Exclamation Hello Jamsil

I know exactly how u are feeling.
I too had a serious problem with that. The way you described your drinking is was the same thing for me. I'll tell u a quick story....
I was binge drinking one night with friends. I was betrayed and almost raped by someone I trusted. The friends that I was drinking with were no help. They actually put the blame on ME!! After that incident I totally cut off all ties with those so-called friends. I made new friends and have not had that problem again. Sometimes it's hard for us to see that the people around us or the crowd we hang out with really does have a big influence on us.

The first step is to express to your friends that u do not want to drink when u go out. If they are supportive, then they are true friends. If they are not, then they are not looking out for you and ARE NOT your friends.

You do have to stop drinking all together though.
The reason is because one drink always leads to another and then another. Cut it out because you can not tell yourself, "I'll just have one." I know this doesn't work cause I tried it too. Once you are out with friends and see them drinking and then it starts.

But don't get me wrong. Your friends probably differ from that twisted crowd I mentioned earlier in my story. I just want to make it a point that there are some crowds better than others in situations like this.

Best of luck to you!!