View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

I'm glad that worked for you, Done... but I doubt it would have worked with me. I never drank for anything other than effect, and I never could drink only a few (I was a blackout drinker). Drinking at home would have just been and additional opportunity for me to drink... in addition to the other stuff I did.

As for the mom - excellent!! I know, without a doubt, I am not that mom. Or at least I wasn't when it mattered - back when the kids first drove. I had rules... but between Mr. Big and I, we were stepping all over each other and breaking rules and changing parameters. We did the best we knew how at the time. But holding a HARD line was not one of the things we did well. After all, I bought my dumb AD five cars in one year... after she wrecked or mistreated them all. Not expensive cars... just junkers. But still... I thought I HAD to provide her with realiable transportation to get to school and work (we live in the boonies).... it took a long time for me to realize that she was never going to do either school or work.

I admire that mom who sold the car... really admire her.