View Single Post
Old 06-07-2002, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
helluvagalnva
Paused

That was great MG -

Let's see........ I think I'm with Bonbon on this one. My biggest cookie is fear of the unknown... fear of being abandoned.. fear of missing out on something.

I'm going to think about this and get back with you guys. You know I always chased after my dad around different bars just to spend time with him eventhough he was drunk. It was like - I did and still do want and or need his approval just like I do with my husband. For some reason I feel as though I want or need my husband's approval, attention, and affection. I know in my head that I don't need thins from either of them. They are the ones ill but my heart tells me something different.

My whole life I'm been told either I'm stupid, used to be fat, now I'm too thin, too fair skinned, crazy, or something is always wrong with me. I am really struggling deep down with breaking free from all of this chaos that runs wild within me. I don't know how to do it.

I'm trying to do some of the exercises in Melody Beattie's book - Co-dependant No More but I'm having a difficult time. I honestly don't know what it is I want or need and how to idenify my feelings. Damn....this is so hard.

Dealing with my husband and how he ignores our children and acts like that don't matter has brought alot of buried feelings that I've had about my own childhood and father.

Thanks for listening!! Hugs to all

Love,
Galnva