View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
5Stars

Nyquil and Alcoholics??

I have a AB who is currently sober since a few days before christmas....He is awaiting his court date Jan 8th and then should be able to get into a treatment program....(for some reason they wont allow him get treatment until his pending DUI case is handled in court) He is only living with me again until then and is NOT allowed to drink alcohol in my home or around me.

Anyway like I said he has supposedly been sober since before christmas but he drinks half a bottle of nyquil EVERY night... and this has been going on for months....I seemed to notice that the nights when he didnt drink or drink heavily he took nyquil as well...
The bottle says 10% alcohol....should I have any reason to question his motive? He is somewhat sick right now, (flu-like symptoms) but like I said he has done it for months...

Could the nightly nyquil be feeding the alcohol addiction? Or is there not enough to have any effect?

I am really irritated by it and would like to know if I am just nit picking ....I also think it is possible that he is trying to mask the alcohol on his breath by the nyquil.....I can smell the alcohol everytime and think maybe he's drinking with it or I guess it is possible that my detective codie instincts are well sharpened after the last two years.....