View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Jenny,

Your story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing such a personal and painful experience with us in such a positive manner. I wish I could help with the pain you must be experiencing right now. You have shown in your post what a resilant, positive person you are. Your brother was fortunate to have you in his life. The eulogy your wrote was well written.

The disease of addiction is so destructive not only to those with the addiction but to the family and friends of those people. I am so grateful for what ever helped me to finally recognize the damage my addiction was doing to those that love me which led me to seek sobriety. By the grace of God I will be sober 7 years this March.

My best friend lost her brother to the disease of alcoholism before she was a year sober. She will have 9 years this June. The loss was devasting for her as I imagine the loss of your brother has been for you. Just last week I changed my avatar to a wolf and posted it in memory and honor of her brother and all those that have not survived the disease of addiction.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will think of your brother just as I think of hers each time I post with the hope that my post will somehow help someone find a solution to their addiction before it takes another life. Take care. Thank you again for sharing your heartache with us.

Judith