View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Good reminder about turning our backs on them. It really is what is necessary at some point. To save ourselves. I've already offered him the moon and stars if he would just quit and get well and that wasn't enough. There's no reason to persist. I guess I'm still trying to save him. But he doesn't need me to do that.

He has other friends and trust me Ray, you are not as stupid and ignorant as D's crack smoking friend - theres a whole lotta crack psychosis and insanity going on there that I don't even want to go into on this board because it brings up really bad memories. The guy truly IS stupid. And his codependence is some sick drug induced mental illness. NOT THE SAME. Well maybe it is. Maybe I need to be a little more compassionate and forgiving.

Last night I put together a letter telling D what a screw up he is. Telling him what a bad father he is. Asking him if he was done yet. And I inserted a few pictures of his son. I ended up deleting all the words and inserting a quote instead. I read it on someones avatar on this sight - "Do I want to live while I'm alive, and embrace what sustains me or die while I'm alive and embrace what destroys me."

I haven't sent it. I don't know if I'm going to.