View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newblue82
Let me grow up.

I apologize. . .

I apologize for not wishing every one a Merry Christmas but I hope you all have a Happy New Year that brings you to new places and greater happiness.

I of course spent my Christmas with my GF who is still doing very well in her recovery. Unfortunately, she just called to tell me that she and her mom had a huge fight over a letter I wrote her mother.

Her mother is an ordained minister. She's also bipolar and refuses to get treatment because she refuses to believe she's sick. Over the years I have witnessed my GF's mother outbursts of anger, swearing, and yelling at any one who lives in her household and in particular, she's always humiliating and riciduling her daughter especially in front of company.

Naturally this hurts my GF and she really falls into deep depression after her mother has yelled and screamed at her and made her feel worthless. So I wrote a letter to her mother on her behalf. I felt it right because I love the both of them and would like to see them with a better relationship and plus her mom and I have always been open with each other.

Anyway, I made sure to remain objective in what I wrote and tried to state both sides of their story but in particular I told her mom that as a minister of God she has to learn to be more forgiving and patient and understanding of the things that go on around her. Well, she blew the letter out of proportion and took it out on my GF calling her worthless, fat, lazy, etc. She told her daughter that I crossed the line and basically needed to mind my own business. And now she's kicked her out of the house.

My GF's uncle said she could stay with him until she could find a place of her own but I just find this whole situation frustrating and I had no idea that her mother could be so mean-spirited and hurtful. The one thing that I do know because I hear it often is how much my GF wants her mother's love and respect and approval but I've tried to explain to her that she may just have to live with the fact that her mother is bullheaded and believes she can do no wrong.

I didn't mean to go into all of this but it's just fresh on my mind and I needed to put it somewhere. I have no doubt that my GF will come out of this okay so long as I'm by her side. As for her mother, I know that only a Higher Power can save her but it's so disturbing to know she preaches the word of God but doesn't choose to live by it.

Anyway, happy holidays again and I'll check back later

Last edited by newblue82; 12-27-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: grammar