Old 12-27-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
caileesnana

You have to quit giving him a soft place to land. He won't get well until he wants do, no matter how much you want him to! I say this because I did the same thing you are doing, and the same thing happened, she would get better, go back to drugs, and they cycle continues.

He is 30 years old. Will you be doing this when he is 40? 50? what happens when the $$ runs out? THere are many, many programs that YOU wont have to pay for, treatment, rehab, 1/2 way houses etc. If you continue with what you are doing, nothing will change. My AD's counselor, clean 26 years, told me I was helping to kill her, could I live with that???? I changed my ways very quickly!:atv

I know this sounds harsh, but it is the truth. It is hard as hell and goes against every thing a mother thinks, but I have seen it work time after time in my home group and through testiomonies. Nothing changes if nothing changes.....

I don't know where you are, but if you'd like some help w/ resourses, counseling for you and son, etc. PM me.

All of the above said because I don't ever want any parent to hurt and live through the hell I did when there is help within our reach!

Hugs & prayers
susan
:ghug