View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Need4Change
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Thanks everyone

In dealing with the intense cravings and the crazy feelings in my head (as my brain presumably attempts to "rewire" itself) I have to wonder...what can I do to lessen the pain of withdrawal?. Spend hours each day here talking it all away?. Get engrossed in some hobby to get my mind off of the unpleasant detox symptoms?. Sleep it off?. Take some type of medication to make me "happy" so I won't constnatly be focused on how crappy I feel?. How do YOU people cope in your own, unique way (besides "just giving it time")?

All of the meds I'm on now are ones that I've taken for years (off and on - with the exception of Campral) so I'm pretty sure this is being completely caused by withdrawal (delayed withdrawal) and it's pretty tough right now. I mean VERY tough.

Well, I have to go make a salad and grill some hot dogs for dinner but I'll be back after awhile. So where is 51Anna, merlotmomma, ccrider, Rusty Zipper, nogard, Jomy, stone and the rest of the people I used to talk to every day (beside my good friends who have already replied)?.

- Need4Change