View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wascally Wabbit
Power is not having to respond

Originally Posted by krhea75 View Post
As far as jail is concerned, maybe it is the best thing. I feel like such a traitor as a mom to say this. But he just keeps getting by with things, and he never learns his lesson.
Boy, have I ever been there. I felt like a traiter too. My oldest got in trouble with his brother.
He got out while brother stays another 4 years. He got out and did very well for 9 months. He had 5000.00 saved! All of a sudden, he got addicted to drugs and alcohol and blew every single cent in 2 weeks.
He was on probation. His prob officer took him in cuz he couldn't pass a pee test. If he hadn't gone back to jail, he'd probably be dead right now.
Traitor or not, he's alive now thanks to the stint in jail.
He spent another 4 months inside.

Right before he went back in, he tried out a rehab. This place was FREE for 3 months. They have RULES. He broke a rule and they threw him out! Literally out on the street. Unfortunately for him, the "street" was a dirt road out in the country. I didn't go pick him up either. He waited around till someone came by, a pastor, and got a ride.
He made up all kind of excuses as to how it wasn't his fault. I told him that others made it through with no incedents. How is it that you are the only one who can't seem to follow rules?

So darn hard headed! Ok, then, go ahead and suffer the consequences of your actions!
My oldest has been in a halfway house since he got out this last time. He's doing well now. But, again, if he hadn't gone back in and gotten away from the drugs, he'd be dead today.