Thread: what to do??
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aztchr

what to do??

My sister left my parents house a week ago, I watched her walk down the street, she said she couldn't live there and that they were making her choose between her daughter and bf. That wasn't the case, but they told her to leave if she was going to continue to be verbally abusive and in no condition to be with her daughter. My mom actually had to call the police because my sister threatened to take my niece with her. She was just upset and wanted their car. She knew she wasn't taking my niece but it was leverage.

Anyway, cops came, assessed the situation, they couldn't do much, but remind my sister that child protective services could be called, etc. Sister decided to calm down and eventually cops left. After that, my sister got mad of course at my parents, saying they were inhumane for calling the cops on their daughter, etc. That's when she walked out. She was staying at a motel with bf, then back to the drug friend area throughout the week. My sister called my parents and asked to be picked up. My dad went to get her and the first time she wasn't at the place she said to get her so he started to come home. Got another call and he went back, this time she said no to him, that she wasn't ready. This is the first time she's done this with calling and not going with my dad. My dad was already late for work, so angry and really just had enough. Told her and the bf not to call again. She said she'd get a ride home the next day. Of course, that didn't happen. She really is so ill.

My mom is worried about my sister showing up tomorrow for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. What do they do? Let her in to see her daughter so she can walk out again? The family needs a plan, but are unsure of what to do.
I told them to do whatever they think is best to keep the peace in their house and protect their grandchild. What that looks like to them, I don't know. They don't either. Everything is what-if right now.

Please share any experience, strength, and hope!
Thanks!!