Old 12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Omega, IMHO your post was fine, in fact I think I am the one guilty of suggesting it. I have actually been glad to see you post it and that there has been some great interaction, discussion, and support going on in the thread. You never said only people in the first two weeks could read it. You were just requesting that people with that sobriety time participate and support each other.

It looks to me like this thread may have been misinterpreted as an indication of disapproval of your thread. I don't believe that was the intent of the thread. As many others I recognize that everyone plays a role in my sobriety today. There are many people that I have heard this statement from "in early sobriety, I had trouble relating to people who claimed to have a year or two, and as far as those claiming to have more than that I just thought they must be liars. The people I felt the biggest kinship with were those with one more day, week, or month more than I. Because they were the ones I felt were close enough to where I was at to be comfortable with." I encourage you to continue to post and discussion on the thread you started. Please do not take this thread as a negative toward your post. Take it for what it is, a thread encouraging all of us to work together in unity for the common goal of sobriety. Hang in there. Glad you are here.