Thread: Dr. Visit
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Easeful

Dr. Visit

[B]My 20 year old, AS is visiting our old home town some 1,400 miles away. He called today to say that he was going to his old Dr. and asking questions about the insurance co., copays etc. He's been having some problems with a chronic illness and these are the Dr.s that treated him in the past. I answered his questions and told him to call me back and let me know how the Dr. thought he was doing.

Four hours later he did. He didn't go. His words, "Mom, I made a bad decision." Mom's interpretation, "I blew off the appointment to get high (or in Mom's more codie behavior......I blew off the appointment to do something more fun.) And then, "I left late, got caught in traffic and got lost. All of this is true." Mom's version, "yes, those things may be true. Other things you didn't say, may also be true. People who are stoned may find it difficult to perform some of the most mundane of tasks."

Mom's response, "Sorry to hear that you made a bad decision. Bad decisions can result in bad outcomes. I hope you don't get sicker. Call me if you have any news." Him...... lots and lots of I love yous. Lots of aren't you glad I called to let you know. And finally, I'll go tomorrow. Me.....I hope they'll agree to see you again. Most professionals don't appreciate getting blown off. Let me know what they say. I love you too. Bye."

::sigh:: Those of you who've done the work....how'd I do?