Old 12-18-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

LostSister

Wow...I can relate to your posts! As others here can too!

My brother has been drinking since he was 12 years of age. My parents both drank, my father more than my mother-as my mother had more mental issues. My parents divorced and my brothers drinking became worse-(As did my other 2 brothers who will remain in denial for the rest of their lives).
My brother will be 51 next month and has lost so much in his life due to his drinking-his wife, his 2 kids, his job of 25 years among many other people/things in his life. I have been able to be there for him as best as I could be there for him, as it is very heart breaking not to be able to help him in the way that he needs....so I understand your pain

My entire family has supported him through many rehabs, detox, salvation army, halfway houses, prison-yet he still remains drinking-the only thing that we can do for them is LET GO AND LET YOUR HP and do what we need for ourselves-

Al-Anon and counseling have been a good thing in my life-it has taught me how to be there for my brother in a way that I can with love-I have realized through my recovery that I cannot make him recover-that is his choice-but I can however pray for him that he finds his way to recovery and support him emotionally the best I can without allowing him to suck me into the place where he is....I did not cause his drinking..I cannot control his drinking...I cannot cure it as the same holds true for any A-

Keep posting-there is a lot of support here and know that you are not alone in this-